Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cookies anyone?



One of the most frustrating things about living in Taiwan is the lack of a kitchen. For someone who is cheap and enjoys cooking, this has led to many frustrating days where I'd rather stay home and cook a meal, but must head out to a restaurant, where I get little choice as to what's in my meal. The reality of it is that it's cheaper and more convenient to go to the restaurant!

This lack of a kitchen has also added to a lack of sweets - cookies, cakes, pies, etc... So this morning, I decided to see if there were any recipes for 1. toaster oven cookies, & 2. few ingredient recipes. Not only are the kitchens lacking proper equipment, but the grocery therefore doesn't carry baking items - or so I thought!

I found a recipe for peanut butter cookies and decided to give it a try:

Welcome to my kitchen & cooking space.


You have to be a little creative with the lack of baking supplies. These are foil trays used for grilling meat - they're double layered to cover up the holes!

Also, my toaster oven doesn't allow me to control the temperature, only the time. So I spent much of my time watching the cookies to make sure they didn't burn...

...as you can see, I wasn't very successful at that! Regardless, we'll be enjoying some wonderful treats for the next few days - if they last that long!!



EASY Peanut Butter Cookies
  • 1 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 1 egg
Mix all ingredients. Roll small spoonfuls into a ball and smash with a fork. (I added a sprinkle of flour to cut down on the stickiness.)

No comments:

Post a Comment