Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fiber Arts.

Over the past few years I've really fallen in love with knitting, and more recently have developed a knack for quilting.  I love the challenge and the satisfaction of completing a project that I can say is 100% handmade - especially when I get to give it as a gift to others!


Today I was able to visit a Fiber Arts Celebration here in Fort Wayne.

Everything from Alpacas...

to raw wool and various demonstrations on how to dye naturally.


Aren't the colors beautiful!?!

There were demonstrations everywhere...spinning, basket weaving, knitting, and even quilting.


The Fort Wayne Quilters Guild had a beautiful display of handmade quilts...


So many wonderful things...now if only I can get myself to sit down and channel some of my own creative juices! =)



.

No comments:

Post a Comment