Monday, January 9, 2012

1 of 40 breads // no-knead bread



the bread no.1 : no-knead bread

our changes : I opted to use bread flour and cut back the salt a little.

our thoughts : Set it and forget it.  Super easy, almost felt like I should be doing more.  I didn't have a cast iron pan or pyrex circular dish so I used the insert in my crockpot - worked perfectly.  Because I was using my convection feature on my oven I cut back the bake time to about 25 minutes with lid and 10 minutes without [30 minutes total].

the verdict : Amazing!  The bread was very moist and fluffy and devoured in one afternoon.  So good in fact, that while eating the last piece, Dan started another batch!  I think this is going to turn in to our go-to bread for gatherings and weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment