Saturday, January 14, 2012

40 breads // artisian bread in 5 minutes a day




the bread no.2 : artisan bread in 5 minutes a day master recipe

our changes : none.

our thoughts : This recipe is almost as easy as the no-knead bread I made last week.  It makes a large batch and you can grab what you want and bake it as you need it.  Because I didn't have to use it all at once, I made small loaves of bread to be used as bread bowls for our go to snowy day soup.

the verdict :  Oh, so good!  Usually we're a little sad when we finish something we both really like.  But with this bread, once we took the last bite, we realized that it wasn't really gone!  We have over 1/2 the batch still in the fridge, and at 5 minutes a day, we can make a fresh loaf every day of the week.  Fresh bread every day?  Oh, so good!


{note}
This recipe is from a book I received as a Christmas gift last year, "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day," by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois.  You may be able to find the recipe on the web, but in order to protect the rights of the authors, I'm not going to post the full recipe on here.  I received their other two books "Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" and "Artisan Pizza and Flatbread in 5 Minutes a Day" this year for Christmas.  The books lay out a "master" recipe for dough with countless variations from adding herbs and fruits to unique styles of presentation.  I'm excited to try a variety of these recipes on my bread journey this year!

Do you have any favorite bread recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment