Monday, January 23, 2012

devil's advocate for sugar

Yesterday I received an email from my MIL telling me about this wonderful pecan sticky bun recipe that she made...they were AMAZING!   Later while chatting with my mother she said she was making cinnamon rolls that smelled fantastic.

You can go ahead and play devil's advocate, but I'm not giving in!!

My friend Bekah, who is also doing the Sugar Detox Challenge with me, is having a party tomorrow and asked me to bring something - party dish with no HFCS, no white flour, no sugar, and not a dessert.  Humph.  It would be so easy to, but I'm still not giving in! 

I wanted to make something that she and I could enjoy, guilt-free.  So, earlier this evening when I found some peaches in the freezer from the summer I decided to whip up my own little recipe.   Yes it probably falls under the dessert category, but it does not have any flour, sugar, or HFCS - and it's a party, so we're going to call it a party dish - NOT a dessert!!

Introducing...

{Guilt-FREE} Peach Cobbler

3-5 cups peaches {fresh or frozen}
1/2 cup tapioca pearls {optional}
2 cups oats
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to  350° F.
Place peach slices in the bottom of an 8x8 glass dish.  If using frozen peaches, you may want to add tapioca (or other thickening agent) to keep it from being too watery.  Allow to sit for 5 minutes to let tapioca absorb juices.
In a small bowl mix oats, honey, butter, and pecans.  Crumble over peaches spreading evening.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Let cool.  Enjoy. Guilt-free!


What are some guilt-free recipes you've tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment