Monday, February 6, 2012

lacking motivation.

I've been finding it hard to sit down and blog about my sugar detox experience, mainly because it's been such a challenge.  Most of the time I feel like I've failed the challenge, want to give up, and begin to wonder what's the point!  The point is...it's not easy, fun, or even all that rewarding {at least not in the short term}.

So, I QUIT!

Well, not completely.  I took a week off.  I had to.  For my sanity...and health.  It became the most difficult when I hit week 4 - No Refined Sugar.  Giving up sugar may seem like an easy task, until you realize that it's in nearly EVERYTHING!  It was in the tortilla chips I had with my taco soup, and the stewed tomatoes I used for my margarita pizza. I started to realize that instead of eating healthy alternatives to sugar, I wasn't eating much at all.  So I gave in...I had a few cookies, crackers and soda...oh yea, and a few handfuls of M&M's and finished up the ice cream in the freezer {sharing with hubby of course}.  To be honest, none of it was all that satisfying.

After a few days away, I feel a renewed sense of purpose and am ready to tackle the last few weeks of this Sugar Detox Challenge.  I've decided to re-start at week 4 - No Refined Sugar/ week 5 - No Quick Breads {breads without yeast}....we don't eat a lot of quick breads so I'm good to do there.  I'll move on next Sunday to tackle week 6 - Limit Natural Sugar to 1tsp daily {that's going to be rough!}.

Here's hoping the coming weeks are full of challenge, satisfaction, and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment