Hard to believe that today is the first day of Spring... the past week has been filled with lots of sunshine and warm weather - not at all typical of a late Indiana winter. But who's complaining?!?!!
The warm weather has brought with it GRILL SEASON! We've been enjoying a lot of our meals on the grill, especially all the wonderful produce that we've been getting through Green Bean Delivery!
I've always just thrown whatever vegetables I have onto a piece of foil, added some butter and seasonings (usually salt and pepper), then closed it up and plopped it on the grill. Easy peasy.
But last night I was in the mood for something different, and I'm so glad I did...oh so delicious!
sweet bell peppers
garlic - minced
1. cut up peppers - about 1/2"-1" (don't want them to fall through the grill).
2. place in bowl and top with oil and vinegar - enough to coat your peppers.
3. sprinkle with salt, garlic, and pepper - toss to cover.
4. allow to marinade while grill heats
5. cook 5-10 minutes directly on grill - smooth side down, turn/flip every couple of minutes
6. enjoy as is, on a salad, or even on your burger!
They were so wonderful that I picked up some more peppers on my way home from work tonight in order to make some more!!
Yummm. I LOVE Grill Season!