Wednesday, March 21, 2012

perfectly imperfect

A while back I shared a crocheting project I've been working on and ran out of yarn...here's what knot to do!!  Well, despite a few roadblocks, I've finally completed it!!

This project was instantly a favorite and I was super bummed when I hit a roadblock.  The yarn I ordered online turned out to be a near perfect match in one color and a close-enough match in the other - however both yarns were a much smaller gauge.  I had considered starting over and using only the new yarn, but because it was a smaller gauge, it did not create the same look when knitted.

I decided to put the project on hold again and keep looking.  Because I was itching to knit, I went through my stash of yarn to see what I had to work with.  To my surprise, I had a decent sized ball of this lovely gray that was the same gauge as what I was using for the project and matched beautifully {I have no idea how much I had, or where it came from}.  I immediately got out my blanket and went to work.

You can see that the color and texture is slightly different, but because of the stripes, it's not extremely noticeable.

Once I had used up all that yarn, it still wasn't quite as big as I wanted, so I decided to double up the yarn that I had purchased, hoping to thicken it up enough to match the gauge of the first yarn.  I had to change the pattern just a bit to make it look just right, but I think I was able to blend the yarns well.
All in all, I think it turned out great...a little haphazard and imperfect, but I kind of like it that way - it's unique!  The size is just right for a baby, or even to be used as a throw blanket on your lap, very warm and fuzzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment