Monday, April 16, 2012

lately.









We've been trying to keep busy lately, but it feels like we're moving in slow motion after all that we got done last week.  There isn't much going on inside the house {just a few touch ups in the bathroom}, but a lot has changed outside.

The week ended with another blast of winter air, which caused some major frost Thursday night.  We made sure to cover everything in our garden with our cold frames and some left over plastic.  Thankfully nothing was harmed, and hopefully this will be the end of the frost  {fingers crossed}.

Saturday brought warmer but wet weather.   I spent much of the morning in the kitchen, oh how I love cooking and baking!  Decided to make a trip to Lowe's to check out the plant selection, a girl can dream!!  I caught up on some of the house work and finally finished caulking our bathroom just in time for Dan to get home from work.  The rain didn't keep us from heading out to the garden to plant some peas, carrots, radishes, strawberries, and a whole slew of herbs!

Sunday was the biggest day of the weekend.  When we moved in we knew there were a number of trees we wanted to get rid of, either because they were too close to the house, too close to another tree and not getting enough light/water, or because like most Ash trees in Indiana they were diseased.  It took my cousin Matt all of a few hours to chop down a total of 10 trees, which left our yard looking like a war zone.

While the boys took worked on the trees, I headed off to St. Francis University for their 4th Annual Formula For Life 5k.  Dan and I ran in this last year, this year my friend Heather and I walked.  It was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine, great to be outside.  I hope to participate in a few more fundraising 5k's this year as well as the Fort for Fit 10K or 1/2 marathon this fall.

After such a busy weekend, it was nice to relax last night with our easy crockpot meal and a little "How I Met Your Mother".

I love weekends, especially ones that we get to spend together!

No comments:

Post a Comment