Thursday, July 26, 2012

already?!

Can you believe that it's already the end of July?!  I mean really, where did the summer go?  I came into this summer with high hopes and expectations of all the amazing things that I would do and get done.  While I didn't cross as many things off of my to-do-list as I had hoped, it has been a wonderfully summer and needed break from school.

I found it very difficult in the beginning of the summer to find a balance between productivity and relaxation.  Not having to wake up and head to work, I found myself sleeping in later and later each day...then feeling sluggish as I tried to get myself moving when I finally rolled out of bed.  This led to a negative attitude and frustration at "wasting" my morning with Dan - which has been one of the best parts about my summer.  Getting to be together for a significant chunk of our day has been wonderful.  {definitely not looking forward to that part of the school year}.

Once I finally got my routine sorted out, I found lots of things to fill my days and weeks with - church committees, farmers market visits, visiting friends, trips to IKEA, oh and remodeling of course!

Unfortunately I feel I've neglected the blog a bit this summer and feel like I have a lot of catching up to do!  So much has changed in the house and I can't wait to share.  We had an ok year in the garden and I'm working on sharing some of the ups & downs with you.

I'm looking forward to the fall and the start of another new school year - I'm not eager for summer to be over just yet, but I'm excited to start another adventure!

Check back over the coming weeks as I hope to share a lot of summer updates and hopefully a fresh new look to the blog!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment