Thursday, March 21, 2013

pregnancy cravings and a little bump.

This post is over a week late, but better late than never.  Right?  I'm currently finding it hard to find the time and energy to sit down and blog....a lot is changing around the Ankney house - besides my belly, though it doesn't always seem noteworthy...I'll hopefully get better at sharing the "mundane" as I know many family and friends enjoy this!

Week 24...16 to go!



This pregnancy is going so fast!  Hard to believe that I've been pregnant 1/2 of a year!   I have felt so good these past few months that when I experienced my first braxton hicks the other day I was immediately concerned - that is until a friend reminded me ever so kindly "well, you ARE pregnant!"  Thanks friend, and honestly, I can't complain, my biggest struggle has been sleeping at night and that's mostly because I toss and turn and try to get comfortable!  Though once comfortable I'm out!

I'm even starting to LOOK pregnant - as you can see above, I have a lovely little bump that I just can't seem to stop looking at and touching!  Pregnancy is such a magical and wonderful thing...unexpected and awkward at times...but magical!  I love the constant movements of the little man rolling around and flexing his muscles inside!  

Throughout pregnancy, many women talk of cravings.  Thus far the only two cravings I've experienced have been less of cravings and more of an extreme love of brussel sprouts and pesto.  Weird?! yes.  Healthy!?  absolutely!  I keep saying, if I am going to "crave" anything, at least these two things are healthy!

The other day I found this wonderful recipe on pinterest. 

Amazing!

This recipe is not only super easy to make, but has brussel sprouts AND pesto - PERFECTION!

Too bad we finished it that evening and didn't get to enjoy it another day! {I'll have to make a double batch next time}  And speaking of next time, it's definitely on the menu this week too!!

1 comment:

  1. Drink plenty of water. Add a few falls of freshly squeezed lemon juice to your water and keep drinking it through the day. Lack of fluids gets worse nausea or vomiting.

    ReplyDelete