Friday, August 16, 2013

around here.




It's been a long week around here.  Dan's been working long hours and I've been trying to keep up with household chores along with all the wonderful produce we're getting from the garden.  Lots of canning and freezing between feeding and changing.

The weather has been unseasonably cool for August which has made being in the kitchen all week much more pleasant.  It's also given me an excuse to dig out some warm sweaters and wear my moccasins around the house.  I love fall.  But, I'm not ready to give up summer yet and definitely not ready to be closer to winter!

My big goal for the week was to finally open up my new etsy shop.  I've been working on items to sell for quite a while but wanted to wait until Caleb arrived to open the store - didn't want to be trying to shuffle orders and a newborn.  Now that we've started to settle into a new rhythm, I feel like I can focus more on this endeavor and am planning on attending a few craft shows this fall.  I definitely have my work cut out for me, but it's nice to have a creative outlet again and a goal to work towards.

Grandparents are on their way out for a visit and we have lots of projects planned for weekend!  Looking forward family time and getting things done around the house.  Planning on spending today snuggling with boy before I have to share him all weekend!

I love weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment