Friday, November 29, 2013

dear caleb // five months


Dear Caleb,

A week ago, mama and daddy took a day trip and left you home with Nana.  It was a great getaway, but we couldn't wait to get home to you!  It was the longest yet that mama had been away.  When we returned home, you were just starting to wake up from your nap and it was nearing your dinner time.  I went in to scoop you up and cuddle you, but the minute you saw me you burst into tears.  Giant tears welled up in your eyes as a cuddled you close.


 At first I was sad, I had been hoping for a big welcoming smile.  But as I sat down to nurse you, tears welling up in my eyes, I realized that there was so much emotion behind those big tears of yours.  They were tears of relief, relieve that mama returned and with her your precious milk.  They were tears of thankfulness, thankful to be back in my familiar arms.  But most of all they were tears of love, and in those tears I heard "Mama, I love you, I need you, don't ever leave me!"


Oh, little one, you are so very loved!  And while we may not always be right there when you want us to, know that we love you more than life itself, and always will!!

love you always,
mama & daddy

Caleb at one month, two months, three months, and four months. Read more letters to Caleb here.

No comments:

Post a Comment