Thursday, February 27, 2014

Moving Up!

We've moved!!!!!


While Dan was away last week, my mom and I finished the master bedroom and moved up!


The week before his trip, Dan finished the trim upstairs and installed the closet organizer and we had the carpet installed on the stairs.


On Monday, after we spent countless hours deep cleaning what felt like inches of dust and filth from years of renovations, we sanded and painted the trim, cleaned again, then hemmed and hung curtains.


Then Tuesday, my mom brought up two great hand-me-down dressers {actually they were my brother and I's childhood dressers} and that lovely wooden pack-n-play.  I love how the different kinds of wood look with the light blue and white.


Next we carried baskets of clothes up and filled the closets and dressers.  Then, in a moment of craziness, we carried pushed the mattress and boxspring upstairs while the baby napped.


Later in the week, I made a bedskirt for the bed with the the second curtain from the diy upholstered headboard project.  Look for details later this week.


It feels amazing to finally be in the room we've been dreaming about for 2 years!  The other night as we were falling asleep, Dan and I marveled at the fact that the only things left on our to-do list are cosmetic!  That means we are done with major renovations!!  Ahh, feels amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment