Thursday, May 1, 2014

a birthday challenge

Horray, May has arrived!  And with it, my birthday!  On Saturday, I will turn 29!

In just 12 months, I will no longer be in my twenties and I want the next 365 days to be awesome!  So, to celebrate, I've decided to embark on a year long challenge to stretch and grow creatively.


Over the next year, I will be making and selling a variety of quilts in my etsy shop.  I will be donating 10% of each quilt sale to Habitat for Humanity.  My goal is to make and sell 30 quilts before my thirtieth birthday (hence the title of the challenge)!

I know it's a lofty goal, especially with a little one crawling (nearly walking!) around, but one thing I know for sure about my personality is that I love working towards big (enormous) goals and checking things off my to do list.  I know that it's about the journey, not the destination, and this year the journey will hopefully teach me more about my sewing machine and stretch me creatively.

Today I've listed my first two quilts in the shop, and will be adding additional quilt designs throughout the year.


This pinwheel quilt was the inspiration for the project and is based on a quilt that Dan's grandmother made for him.  You can see more of that quilt in Caleb's monthly photos here.


I love the traditional, yet modern look of this quilt.  It's the perfect size for tummy time or for a little one to snuggle with!  (click here to order)


I'm in love with this second quilt.  With clean lines and a bold print, this modern quilt is perfect for adding a little pizazz to your little ones nursery.  Perfect for a baby gift for a boy or girl!  (click here to order)

The great thing about both of these quilts is their versatility.  Don't like black and white?  You can order a custom quilt and choose your own color scheme...the possibilities are endless!


The next 365 days are going to be AWESOME!  I look forward to your feedback and encouragement along the way.

Shop for quilts here.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Will you donate to your local Habitat affiliate or HFH International? Have fun quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! I'm super excited to work on any and all quilts this next year! I will be donating to Habitat for Humanity International. I'm considering doing another fundraiser for our local affiliate.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      Cheers,
      Jess

      Delete