Wednesday, July 9, 2014

a first birthday party


It was so much fun to celebrate our boy this weekend with family and friends.


I wanted to make a cake for Caleb's birthday, but knew I wanted to steer clear of a lot of sugar and flour, so when I found this awesome smash cake recipe it was perfect!  I ended up making 3 cakes (each recipe made one layer) and stacking them to get the look I wanted.  I even made Caleb a special cupcake all to himself!  I used our fresh raspberries to make a filling between the layers and topped it all off with a delicious cream cheese frosting.  It wasn't the prettiest cake, but when I added the sprinkles to the top, it was very fitting for a First Birthday!


I didn't realize until an hour or so into the party that all our friends have GIRLS...so we had to get a photo of Caleb with all the girls!  Seriously, where are all the boys!?


I'm pretty sure Caleb didn't mind though!


Caleb was only briefly interesting in opening gifts...


Once he realized the tissue paper was in the bag, he was in heaven!


He's all boy.  Loves anything with wheels!


Pretty sure Uncle Josh & Aunt Ris win the coolest gift award.  Not the fun car, but...

but the balloons on top!



Thank you to all our family and friends who made this day so special for us.  We loved sharing this milestone with you all!!











No comments:

Post a Comment