Tuesday, October 14, 2014

quilt 5/30


Months ago, before learning we were expecting baby #2, I decided to embark on a year long quilting journey.  My goal, to quilt thirty quilts before my 30th birthday, has always been about stretching myself and challenging my sewing skills.  At this point, I can't imagine meeting this goal by next May, but that's okay!  I'm having fun making a quilt or two every month and that's plenty with a toddler running around and a baby on the way!


When I learned my sister-in-law was expecting, I knew I wanted to to make a special quilt for my future niece or nephew....and when I stumbled upon this fabric at a quilting show in July, I knew it would make the perfect quilt!


I have been wanting to make a triangle quilt for some time and thought this was the prefect opportunity to try it out!



I knew my sister-in-law would love the patterns and found a great gold thread to tie it all together.  I opted for a cream fabric for the back and binding to help the gold thread to pop.  I even used the gold thread to "embroider" my signature - this is the first time I've ever done this to any of my quilts and I love the personal touch!


There was even enough fabric left over to make a small wetbag!


I'm so thrilled with how this quilt turned out and can't wait to see our niece snuggled up in it!

**fabrics used for this quilt are from the AUGUST by Sara Watts for Cotton + Steel collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment