Sunday, August 2, 2015

Celebrating our first Oil-iversary

This weekend we celebrated our Oil-iversary!  (yes I made up that word, but roll with it!)
One year ago we took the plunge made the choice to invest in our health with Young Living Essential Oils. Over the past 12 months our family has been blessed in so many unexpected ways because of this company and their products!  What started as a way to rid our home of chemicals, has actually filled our home with incredible wellness, purpose, and abundance!  
So, how did we get here?!

Nearly 5 years ago, I began to realize just how much garbage we’ve allowed in our world… in food, cosmetics, cleaning products, medicines, and more.  It wasn't until we spent two months backpacking with only a bottle of shampoo! (no makeup, no conditioner, no lotion, etc)

At the time it was just me & Dan, but knowing we'd have children soon, making changes to avoid the toxins we could was something I began to take seriously.
I know you can’t simply escape a world of pesticides, GMOs, and toxic chemicals altogether, right?!  But what I did realize was, I have a choice! We all have a choice when deciding what foods to buy, what products to clean with, the cosmetics we use, and the type of care and remedies we choose when we are hurt or sick.

After returning to the states, and settling down on our little homestead, I began making small changes like buying organic produce, grass-fed and pastured meats, and began raising chickens so we could have farm fresh eggs.  I have learned how to make our own kombucha, sourdough and yogurt.  I’ve ditched our chemical cleaners and my favorite make-up for alternatives without so much junk.  I’ve tossed my regular deodorant (gasp!) for one without chemicals.  We regularly visit the chiropractor and have found a medical doctor who will only give antibiotics as a last resort.  
Needless to say, it is a journey, and one that we are still on. But even with all of my granola-esque tendencies, it took several years for me to get on board with essential oils!  I’m not sure why… maybe I thought they were too out there?  Maybe I never considered that they might actually be effective?  Well I bet you can guess the end of that story.  I realized essential oils are effective and that there are reasons they were man’s first medicine! 
My introduction to essential oils was when a friend suggested that I try essential oils to support my respiratory system while pregnant.  When I experienced amazing benefits from these oils, I knew I had to learn more.  Since then, we have used essential oils for so many things!  Finding and using Young Living has changed our lives, and for that I am so very thankful!
I want to share.  I am so glad I was introduced to therapeutic-grade essential oils, and I want to share their power with you.  Please contact me if you have any questions.  Connect with me on Instagram or just send me a note.  I’d love for you to check out the Premium Starter Kit if you are curious as to where to start with essential oils.

And remember… YOU are in charge of your health! 

No comments:

Post a Comment